Friday, February 18, 2011

Ew, the tour wasn't much better and it was 39078 degrees out. The guide was just spitting facts at us. In spanish. Very quickly.
Wednesday, we watched a movie called "The Mission" with Robert DeNiro; it was in english, with spanish subtitles which was AWESOME but then later, we had a three hour long class about the Jesuits that arrived here. I like history as much as the next person, but THREE HOURS?! jeez louise! Today I had two interviews in spanish, and a midterm exam that was way harder than I thought it would be. The grammar that we worked on I should have grasped by now, but I was pretty stumped! Preterite and imperfect come easily to me when I'm the one writing because I know my intent, but when it comes to fill-in-the-blank stuff, I'm pretty dumb! Tonight, I think I'm going to brave the bus system alone to go have dinner with my assigned tutor in el centro. I'm a little nervous, because I've never ridden the bus alone, much less at night, but I think I can handle it. If I do end up getting lost, the people here are sooo nice and can probably (hopefully) help me out.
I haven't gone crazy with shopping, but I have bought a few staples since I've been here: a crop top, some gaucho pants that are baggy in the legs but tight around the ankles, a leather (actually semi leather) bag for my school books, some wedges, heels, sandals...Now I'm deffo on a spending hiatus!
I signed up to take intro to portugese beginning in March so I can know a little bit once I go to Brazil!
Tomorrow we have yet another tour at La estancia de Las Jesuiticas, but supposedly this one will involve games and swimming or something so it's already sounding more fun

k, more later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment