Monday, February 7, 2011

shopping rules here

So yesterday I left the blog to go explore a busy street near my house with two of my classmates, Gracen and Amanda. We walked for a long time, passing businesses, kioscos (little convenience stores), pilates studios, quaint cafes, &etc. but nothing was open because it was Sunday! Finally, we found a small cafe that was in service and we sat there for a while and ordered drinks. Amanda got basically a frappucino, but Gracen and I got chocolate milkshakes...they were more milky than the ones I'm used to, but they were good and it was a relaxing atmosphere. Then on our walk back, we saw an open clothing shop and HAD to go in. Many of the stores here are "one size fits all" type places which is ok (most of the time, haha) for me, but difficult for Amanda (she's like 5"10 or "11) and Gracen. Luckily, we managed to find some cute and fashionable things. Crop tops are very popular here, and I was able to find one that covers most of my stomach but is still stylish! Once I got back to my house, I flipped through the channels in hope of finding the super bowl and what do you know? We had it! So I sent out a mass text to the Americans and we had a little viewing party at my house. Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury of watching the commercials, we did consider ourselves lucky to be able to watch it in english. Today we had our first class, and at the end, we had to take the hardest placement test known to mankind. I feel very confident that I will place into one of the dumber groups, if such thing exists. After the test, we were free to go so I went exploring another major street near my house with Amanda and I found a really pretty/comfortable cardigan, bracelet, and ring for under $30! I love being able to walk everywhere! There is a Wal-Mart here, and I will probably dedicate an entire post to that alone because I'm sure it will be an adventure! Tomorrow, despite the forecast of foul weather, we are taking a tour of Córdoba and I think it's safe to say I'll be able to post some decent pictures afterwards. I'm depressed because even though I finally have WIFI in my room, Hulu does not work here, so I am unable to keep up with such shows as "Parks and Rec", "Modern Family", and "SNL". Maybe that's a good thing?
My conversational spanish with my parents is improving, but very slowly. I'm sure that since I have now begun classes, it will speed up a bit. Speaking of class, tengo tarea (I have homework)

BESOS (kisses)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the Wal-Mart experience. Wonder if they have the same interestingly clad characters we find here in the States.

    ReplyDelete