Sunday, February 6, 2011

hello sorry!

Hi!
So, I know it's been a while since I posted, I STILL don't know the WIFI password in my house, so I'm at my friend Gracen's using her internet! Friday, I had orientation at Universidad Blas Pascal where I met all the other Clemson students. It was so nice to be able to speak english again, but then we had to sign a contract saying we wouldn't speak in english...oops. Noone has followed it so far. Friday night, a while after the "asado" (it's like a traditional barbecue), we went out to "el boliche" (the club). It was really fun, but it was funny because we got there at midnight and that's when they open...people don't really arrive until 2 am. It was much different from the clubs that I have been to- the dancing was varied between people; some were very latin, some were very American, and some didn't really dance at all! We didn't leave el boliche until 4:30, and even then, there were still tons of people! They don't close until 5am, and then afterwards if people don't want to go home, they just go to little restaurants or bars, it's kind of crazy! When I got home, I couldn't get the key to work in my gate, and so instead of waking everybody up, I jumped the fence! Then the next morning when I told my family about it, they got kind of annoyed at me, but whatever it was 5 am!! Then, Saturday we went to a mall in the downtown to get phones. It's funny, because we all got the same one; a dinky little LG with the teeniest buttons. It doesn't have a camera, which is totally fine, but it's really slow and difficult to type on! Today is Sunday (obviously) and all of the Americans are a little upset because there isn't really a place to watch the super bowl. One of the girls is originally from Green Bay, so I feel bad for her... Honestly, I don't care much because I'm not a big NFL fan, but I do like the commercials!! I'm about to go exploring, so I'll post again later!

¡CHAU!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! wERE YOU ABLE TO WATCH THE GAME? IT was a good one. Ran into your dad & Tony down at Geno's. I left at halftime & went to some folks house. There were 10 of us, 6 steelers on one side of the rm., 4 of us Packers fans on the other side. It was loud w/spirited bantering during the game, but come the commercials noone was allowed to make a sound so we could watch the commercials (personally I thought they were kinda lame this year, except the one where Rosanne got vabammed by the log). Fun time. Oh, yea, Emma's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner would have put Christina Aguillara's to shame (it was about 4 min. long AND she forgot the words).
    Hopped the fence, huh? Did they get the key working? Be safe, please. I love you! Momma

    ReplyDelete