Monday, February 14, 2011

La estancia

The photos I posted were from a field trip we had Saturday to a farm about 2 hours drive from Córdoba. The farm "La Granadilla" was gorgeous, and so was the drive there...it's located in the north of the region of Córdoba so there were mountains, beautiful pastures, rivers, and hills; It reminded me a little of the Sound of Music. The weather was nice, and the day was just long enough to allow for exploration without getting too boring. We arrived around 11am and were greeted with platters of traditional dulces (sweet snacks). There were little cookies and delicious pastries with dulce de leche. Afterwards, we explored for a little while, and then experienced a traditional asado (barbecue) for lunch; it began with empanadas (typically beef filled pastries...I got veggie), then we were served 6 different types of salads (carrots and corn, potato, cabbage, classic, bitter lettuce, and beets with egg) and a TON of different meats (non for me, thanks!). After lunch, we chose from either flan or fruit salad...I don't normally like flan, but this was delicious!! Then it was time for more exploring, more snacks, and the return home. Yesterday (Sunday), I went to Paseo del Arte with my friend Missy. Paseo del Arte is a section of streets in downtown Córdoba with booths set up by local artisans; there is so much stuff! I saw anything from silverware to key holders to stuffed animals. I didn't buys anything, but I have a feeling that I'll be back because the leather goods and jewelry were DIVINE. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we have a tour of "manzanas Jesuiticas" and I hope it's better than the last tour we had (snore!). I'm not really sure what it is, but I'll definitely share my experience if it is noteworthy. I'll also, put up some more pictures of the farm and the city!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Hola Jessie! LOVE YOUR BLOG! Keep it up - you can print it one day for a diary keepsake. Thanks for the picture explanation - we were wondering about that!

    ReplyDelete